A few months ago, I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish. This is how I’m doing.
- I wanted to upgrade my predicted grades in order to get into the university I wanted. Last month, however, I had an interview with a university I viewed as an impossible goal. I was told I would hear from them in at least a month. The next day, I got accepted. This means more due to the fear university caused me. I was so afraid of not being good enough. I started looking for work experiences and internships in Mexico at a radio station. I will still love to do it. But this time, when I do, it won’t be out of the immense feeling of being lost and not feeling worthy of a next step in my life.
- I wanted to start photography. I am currently struggling financially and therefore will not be getting a camera any time soon. My phone doesn’t have enough storage either but I am making the most of it. I have made physical copies of all of my favourite photographs. And more importantly, I started a podcast: A different medium of expression.
- The next few goals were about eating and sleeping. I haven’t been strict on them but I listen to my body now. So, I eat and sleep when I need to and when I want to, while going for options that benefit me.
- Reading. I have been reading more. Not as much as I would like to, but definitely more.
- I wanted to keep writing on this blog. And I have. I am happy that I have been prioritizing my happiness and the things that keep me excited.